JVCL obsolete components
JVCL: JVCL obsolete components
- Search in JVCL help
- JVCL links at :
As the JVCL is under continuous development and new components are added frequently, some components become obsolete. Components with duplicate functionality, components that are much too specialized and components with bad functionality (e.g. if they don't work properly under recent Windows versions) are deleted from the JVCL from time to time to avoid confusion among the JVCL users.
Components that will be removed
The following list of components qualify for removal from the JVCL and should therefore not be used anymore:
- TJvDice: A dice. Removal recommended. Don't use.
- "JVCL Globus 1" component group
- "JVCL Globus 2" component group
In this section you can suggest components for removal. Please give a short reason why you think that the component should be removed and sign it. Given you find supporters for the removal, the component is moved to the upper list and removed soon. Also post a comment here if you disagree with a suggestion.
A sample entry
TJvXYZ: Here's the description of what this component is supposed to do. (This is just a sample text. Normally you can copy that text from the JVCL Component Overview page)
- I think this component XYZ should be removed because the component abc is more performant and looks nicer ... --Ralfiii 11:19, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- I disagree! I use thie component xyz a lot and it's better because abc doesn't work under Win7. --Ralfiii 11:19, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- Inflexible way of implementing plugin functionality. With the use of interfaces it makes more sense to write the plugin manager you need for your problem. --Ralfiii 11:19, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
TJvPoweredByJCL: JCL-Logo image that opens a browser with the JCL-Page when it's clicked. Useful for users who want to give us credit in their about box.
- I don't think it makes sense to keep this component, simply because the graphic is so enormously bi, I wouldn't want such a big logo in my product. --Ralfiii 11:19, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
TJvPoweredByJVCL: same as above for the JVCL. Useful for users who want to give us credit in their about box.
- Same issue as with TJvPoweredByJCL --Ralfiii 11:19, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
[JVCL Help:TJvFullColorTrackbar|TJvFullColorTrackbar]: Same as TJvColorTrackBar but over-complex and not intuitive to use
- The other tracker is much more intuitive to use. Component is much too complex for what it does. --Ralfiii 13:58, 24 February 2011 (UTC)