From Project JEDI Wiki
- Getting involved
- Search in JCL help
- JCL links at :
 Automated installation
 Default installation
If you're using either FreePascal, or a trial version of Delphi/C++Builder, or Turbo Delphi, see the "Manual Installation" section below.
Otherwise (in most cases), the JCL should be installed using the automated installation process.
 Automated Installation Process (recommended)
The recommended way to install the JCL is to run the source installer: once you've extracted the archive downloaded from one of the software sources, navigate into the JCL directory and execute "install.bat".
For each version of Delphi/C++Builder installed on the computer, this installer allows you customize the conditional defines, update the environment for the JCL, install some documentation, make the library units, install the packages and finally compile the demos.
The default options are recommended, make sure you understand what these options do before toggling their states. Finally you can install the library by clicking on the "Install" button at the bottom of the form.
 Binary packages
 Installation for Turbo Delphi
The JEDI Code Library can be compiled targetting Turbo Delphi Explorer and Turbo Delphi Professional. Turbo Delphi Professional is recognized as BDS 2006, you have to download its command line compiler from CodeGear website at https://downloads.embarcadero.com/Item/24146 to install the full JCL on this tool.
To install the JCL targetting Turbo Delphi Explorer, consider the following checks:
- If you have an other supported version of Delphi/C++Builder on this computer, it should automatically be detected and the installer will process as usual.
- If you only have Turbo Delphi Explorer (and no other tools) on the computer, the installer cannot be compiled. You have to use the Turbo Explorer flavor of the JCL that contains a precompiled installer. However, you will not be able to install any experts.
 Installation on C#Builder 1 and Delphi 8
These products cannot be used to build the JCL installer, you need an other supported product to install JCL experts on these products. These products are not able to use the JCL library as a runtime library. You cannot write managed applications and managed packages based on the JCL.
These products are not shipped with their native compilers, you have to download it from codecentral http://cc.embarcadero.com/:
- The item https://downloads.embarcadero.com/Item/21333 contains the native compiler to be installed in Delphi 8.
- The item https://downloads.embarcadero.com/Item/21334 contains the native compiler to be installed in C#Builder 1.
These zip files have to be extracted in the products directory using the standard pattern:
Executable files (exe and dll) - BDS\X.0\bin Compiler files (dcp and dcu) - BDS\X.0\lib Toolsapi source files - BDS\X.0\source\ToolsAPI
 Manual Installation
Although it is not recommended, a manual installation is possible. You will have to manually configure options for the library. That is done by modifying an included file.
For each tool you want to install the JCL in, repeat the following steps:
- Open and edit included file to customize options:
- For C++Builder 6: source\include\jclc6.inc
- For Delphi 6: source\include\jcld6.inc
- For Delphi 7: source\include\jcld7.inc
- For Delphi 2005: source\include\jcld9.inc
- For BDS 2006 (Delphi and C++Builder): source\include\jcld10.inc
- For CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 (Delphi for Win32 and C++Builder): source\include\jcld11.inc
- For Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009: source\include\jcld12.inc
- For Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010: source\include\jcld14.inc
- For Delphi XE and C++Builder XE: source\include\jcld15.inc
- For FreePascal: source\include\jclfpc.inc
- In the IDE, open and compile package Jcl.dpk (or Jcl.bpk for C++Builder) located in a subdirectory of the "packages" directory matching your version of the IDE. This package doesn't have to be installed since it doesn't provide any components.
- If you want to install experts, open package JclBaseExpert.dpk and compile it, then you can install all the experts you want (packages are located in the same directory).